From May 25, the Consular Section resumes its work and considers all requests except the processing and issuing of visas. In accordance with the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 635-r of March 16, 2020, the acceptance of documents, execution and issuance of visas by diplomatic missions and consular offices to foreign and stateless citizens are temporarily suspended from March 18, 2020 until further notice.
This order does not apply to:
- accredited or appointed employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states in the Russian Federation, international organizations and their representations, other official representations of foreign states located in the territory of the Russian Federation, as well as family members of the said persons;
- drivers of international motor transport;
- crews of aircrafts, sea and river vessels;
- train and locomotive crews of international railway communication;
- members of official delegations;
- persons holding diplomatic, service and ordinary private visas issued in connection with the death of a close relative;
- people traveling with relatives of Russian nationality;
- persons permanently residing on the territory of the Russian Federation;
- persons transiting through air checkpoints;
- participants in the program for the voluntary resettlement of compatriots to Russia;
- people involved in the commissioning and maintenance of foreign equipment.
Any visa request of a type mentioned above should be sent to email@example.com
In addition, from March 18, 2020, the issuing of electronic visas for foreign nationals is temporarily suspended.
Passports deposited at the Consular Section before March 16 can be picked up from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. only by appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org.