From May 25, the Consular Section resumes its work and considers all requests except the processing and issuing of visas. In accordance with the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 635-r of March 16, 2020, the acceptance of documents, execution and issuance of visas by diplomatic missions and consular offices to foreign and stateless citizens are temporarily suspended from March 18, 2020 until further notice.
This order does not apply to:
- accredited or appointed employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states in the Russian Federation, international organizations and their representations, other official representations of foreign states located in the territory of the Russian Federation, as well as family members of the said persons;
- drivers of international motor transport;
- crews of aircrafts, sea and river vessels;
- train and locomotive crews of international railway communication;
- members of official delegations;
- persons holding diplomatic, service and ordinary private visas issued in connection with the death of a close relative;
- people traveling with relatives of Russian nationality;
- persons permanently residing on the territory of the Russian Federation;
- persons transiting through air checkpoints;
- participants in the program for the voluntary resettlement of compatriots to Russia;
- people involved in the commissioning and maintenance of foreign equipment.
Any visa request of a type mentioned above should be sent to email@example.com
In addition, from March 18, 2020, the issuing of electronic visas for foreign nationals is temporarily suspended.
Passports deposited at the Consular Section before March 16 can be picked up from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. only by appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org.
On submission of documents confirming the origin of cash and (or) monetary instruments
On February 4, 2020 new rules for transporting money across the customs border of the Eurasian Economic Union came into force. From now on, a natural person transporting over 100 thousand US dollars at a time will need to provide documents confirming the cash origin. And also provide the customs declaration. This follows from the relevant Decision No. 130 of the Eurasian Economic Commission's Board dated August 6, 2019.
The Decision was prepared pursuant to the requirements of the EAEU Customs Code; it is aimed at implementing Recommendation 32 “Cash Couriers” of the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF).
The Recommendation had been developed to provide the FATF member countries with the measures to identify and stop (detain) funds and negotiable instruments that are physically transported across the border and can be used to finance terrorism or launder money.
The documents submitted must confirm the origin of cash and (or) monetary instruments declared in the passenger's customs declaration. They, for example, can include documents drawn up by credit institutions when performing conversion operations, withdrawing funds from an account, obtaining a loan, etc., or documents confirming the conclusion of civil law transactions (inheritance, gift, etc.).
In case of failure to submit the relevant documents, the transportation of cash and (or) monetary instruments across the EAEU customs border shall be prohibited.
Consulaire afdeling van de Ambassade van de Russische Federatie in het Koninkrijk België
Hoofd van de Consulaire afdeing - Oleg BELOVOL
Adres: Roberts Jonesstraat 78, 1180 Uccle
Onthaal van bezoekers voor visa: maandag, woensdag en vrijdag, uitsluitend op afspraak. Om een afspraak te maken klik hier.
Tel.: +32 (0) 2-374-34-00, +32 (0) 2-375-91-21 Fax: +32 (0) 2-375-94-15
E-mail : email@example.com
De kalender van de feestdagen in de Russische Federatie in het jaar 2019 waarop het Consulaat gesloten zal zijn: van 1 tot 8 januari, 8 maart, 1, 2, 3, 9 en 10 mei, 12 juni, 4 november.
Een Russisch visum kunt u aanvragen bij het Visumaanvraagcentrum in Brussel.